The assigning of blame
The sourcing of a fart involves a ritual of assignment that sometimes takes the form of a rhyming game. These are frequently used to discourage others from mentioning the fart or to turn the embarrassment of farting into a pleasurable subject matter.The trick is to pin the blame on someone else, often by means of deception, or using a back and forth rhyming game that includes phrases such as the following.
- Rhyming phrases:
- He/She who observed it served it.
- He/She who detected it ejected it.
- Whoever rhymed it crimed it.(used after someone uses a blaming rhyme)
- He/She who said the rhyme did the crime. (used after someone uses a blaming rhyme)
- Whoever spoke last set off the blast.
- Whoever smelt it dealt it.
- Whoever denied it supplied it.
- The next person who speaks is the person who reeks.
- The smeller’s the feller.
- He/She who inculpated promulgated.
- The one who said the verse just made the atmosphere worse.
- Whoever’s poking fun is the smoking gun
- He/She who accuses blew the fuses.
- He/She who refuted it tooted it.
- He/She who pointed the finger pulled the finger.
- He/She who articulated it particulated it.
- He/She who deduced it produced it.
- She who sniffed it biffed it.
- The slanderer made the gland error.
- He/She who eulogized it aerosolized it.
- Whoever makes the smoke makes the joke.
- He/She who rapped it cracked it.
- Whoever rebuts it cuts it.
- The methane accuser is the nostril abuser.
- Whoever said it let it.